17 January 2023
Dental Trauma: the tooth versus the child!
Dr Sanjeev Sood will provide delegates with an understanding of the management of the paediatric patient with dental trauma and the current guidance related to treatment. He will also explore the importance of understanding the behavioural challenges which may affect paediatric patients and the appropriate referral routes to specialist services.
Learning aims and objectives
- To understand the management of treatment options for the paediatric patient with dental trauma
- To update the attendees on dental trauma resources and current guidance
- To have an overview on the management of dental trauma and appropriate routes for referral to specialist services
Development Outcomes and Topics
- To have an awareness with regards to behavioural challenges with paediatric dental trauma patients
- To have an understanding of what can be managed in practice and what to refer to specialist services
- To have an appreciation on how to use current guidance related to dental trauma
About Sanjeev Sood
Dr Sanjeev Sood was appointed as Honorary Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry/Specialist Clinical Teacher at King’s College London in July 2011. In his current post at King’s College London he is the undergraduate lead in Paediatric Dentistry, the lead for the Postgraduate Certificate in Paediatric Dentistry, BDS Part 5 Exam Board Chair and a clinical and research supervisor on the MSc Programme in Paediatric Dentistry.
On graduating from the University of Glasgow in 2000 with a BDS, he undertook General Professional Training where he worked in general practice for one year and then as an SHO at the Glasgow Dental Hospital and School. He remained in Glasgow for a further year during which he successfully completed his MFDS exam from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Please log in to book: