Professor Grant McIntyre
Tuesday 6 December 2022
Registration from 6.30-7pm
Lecture from 7-8.30pm
Venue: Lecture Theatre 2, Glasgow Dental School and Hospital, entry and registration via the Postgraduate Centre on Sauchiehall Street.
Please scroll down the page to book your place
'Dying to Live': Surviving Covid
- Professor Grant McIntyre will draw on his own battle with Covid to examine the ways which critical illness and the care provided affect patients and their families. He will explain the roles of medical, nursing and AHP teams and describe the journey through recovery and rehabilitation experienced by many patients following critical illness.
Learning aims and objectives
- To provide examples of critical illness and the critical care journey for a patient and their family
- To provide details of the role of the medical, nursing and AHP teams in critical care
- To give examples of the need to recognise the recovery journey and rehabilitation back to work following critical illness
Development Outcomes and Topics
- To be able to fully understand critical illness and the critical care journey for a patient and their family
- To be able to appreciate the role of the medical, nursing and AHP teams in critical care
- To be able to recognise the recovery journey and rehabilitation back to work following critical illness
About Professor Grant McIntyre
Professor Grant McIntyre is Clinical Director for the Hospital Dental Service in NHS Tayside, Consultant Orthodontist at Dundee Dental Research Hospital & School, Perth Royal Infirmary and Ninewells Hospital and Honorary Professor, University of Dundee. His clinical work involves the orthodontic management of dentofacial deformity, cleft lip and palate, hypodontia, impacted teeth, as well as the management of routine and severe malocclusions. His research interests include 3D Imaging and automated digital technology using cone-beam CT, facial stereophotogrammetry, MRI & CAD-CAM technology for cleft lip & palate care, facial growth and occlusal anomalies as well as the effectiveness of Orthodontic Care.